Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add/save Sarasota History Alive! to a mobile device?
Launch the Safari browser on Apple’s iOS and visit www.sarasotahistoryalive.com. Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. It’s on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch. Tap the Add to Home Screen icon in the Share menu. You’ll be prompted to name the shortcut before tapping the Add button.
Launch Chrome for Android and visit www.sarasotahistoryalive.com. Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Why is my location shown incorrect?
There are many possible reasons Mobile Sarasota History Alive! is not accurately indicating your present location.
- Your device does not support the HTML 5 Geo-location protocol
- Location Services on your mobile device are turned off or disabled
- The time stamp of the location provided by your device is stale/expired
- Some phones do not use true GPS services, but triangulate their location via cell towers which can be affected by signal interference
- You are not presently inside of Sarasota County so the App defaults to a pre-defined location
- You opted not so "share" your location with the App
I have a historic property for sale and would like listed on Sarasota History Alive!
Please use our contact form (click the "?" orange tab found on every page of the site) to contact us.
Is Sarasota History Alive! associated with Sarasota County government?
No. Sarasota History Alive is a privately held for-profit corporation. The website sarasotahistoryalive.com utilizes public records for research and content in addition to other sources.